Literally 15 Funny Tweets About Going To School In Australia That’ll Make You Say “Same”
If you talk to anyone from outside Oz, you’ll quickly discover that going to school in Australia is a rather unique experience.
Growing up down under has its positives and negatives. While it’s often too hot to study at all, you also get to have sick water fights and occasionally you’ll get a frosty fruit if it gets past 40 degrees.
There are countless quirks you’ll come across in Aussie schools that seem to be standard across the whole continent.
Here are 15 relatable tweets about going to school in Australia:
1. This contemporary Australian proverb.
*australian teacher voice* This is NOT ON, girls. NOT ON.
— nearvous (@nearvously) March 22, 2018
2. A rule that ruined many recesses across the country.
#growingupaustralian The "NO HAT, NO PLAY" rule was such a traumatising rule in primary school
— Alina (@AhmadiAlina) November 4, 2015
3. I still don’t know why we got so excited about this.
— KIARA. (@donewithlife123) July 3, 2016
4. And why did this eraser dictate our every move?!
— ace (@acekunt) July 4, 2018
5. This was a real lunchtime mood.
#GrowingUpAustralian " come w/ me to the canteen I promise I'll buy you something "
— Beth🇦🇺🇦🇺 (@aussiebeth) July 3, 2016
6. I’m still trying to fathom why we all got up so early to bounce a damn tennis ball.
— Chelseaaa (@chelslovatox) July 15, 2015
7. These pens are still pretty lit.
— bri 🕊 (@introhoseokk) July 16, 2015
8. Tbh, I learnt everything I know about science from watching CSI.
Public school culture is watching The Castle in year 11 legal studies
— morgs (@mxrganjade) August 7, 2018
9. And Snow Patrol’s ‘Chasing Cars’ got me through some real shit.
me listening to the blowers daughter by damien rice when i was in year 7 pic.twitter.com/ENMpNNypsZ
— Harrison Cartwright (@hazandstuff) September 4, 2018
10. There was always a horse girl. Always.
If you look back on your high school days and can’t recall any horse girls, you were probably the horse girl.
— Emma Zampino (@ezamps) January 21, 2019
11. Lunch order day was the best day of the week.
Your lunch order used to come to your classroom in a washing basket pic.twitter.com/Wajs50PMfF
— Sabrina ❃ (@_SabrinaNeates) July 15, 2015
12. This is still very weird.
— harvway 2 dangerzone (@HarvsK) July 3, 2016
13. Getting your pen licence was your proudest primary school moment.
— bday girl keisha (@ootibway) July 4, 2016
14. When the book fair came to your school it was practically Christmas.
— Chloé (@Lusheli) July 15, 2015
15. And I still have no clue how the rest of the national anthem goes.
#growingupaustralian never knowing the second verse of the national anthem but being forced to sing it at assemblies
— hollie (@foolshollieday) July 3, 2016