‘The Kissing Booth’ & ‘To All The Boys’ Named Most Rewatched Netflix Films In 2018 & Duh
Netflix has released its annual ‘all the shows/movies y’all obsessed over this year’ and it’s no surprise films The Kissing Booth and (the far superior) To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before totally dominated.
The streaming platform, which is super secretive with its viewing statistics, released a breakdown of its best-performing original content between January 1 and November 28, 2018.
Our absolute faves turned out to be some of Netflix’s most watched. It’s comforting to hear that I wasn’t the only one that rewatched Peter Kavinsky’s scenes on repeat.
These are the three most rewatched Netflix original films:
- The Kissing Booth
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before
- Roxanne Roxanne
Here are the 10 TV shows with “the highest average watch time per viewing session” aka the most binged:
- On My Block
- Making a Murderer: Part 2
- 13 Reasons Why: Season 2
- Last Chance U: INDY
- Fastest Car
- The Haunting of Hill House
- Anne with an E: Season 2
- Orange Is the New Black: Season 6
No surprises here with the second seasons of Making a Murderer and 13 Reasons Why being obvious success stories, but I’m low-key annoyed that so many people watched Insatiable – ensuring that damn show will be back in 2019.
It’s good to see The Haunting of Hill House was one of the most binged. This fact is something I can cling to when I wake up in the middle of the night screaming ‘BACK OFF BENT NECK LADY!’
The platform also shared which film and show stars had the greatest Instagram boost. Here are their findings:
- The Fab Five (Queer Eye)
- Lana Condor (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before)
- Joel Courtney (The Kissing Booth)
- Miguel Herrán (Elite / La Casa de Papel)
- Jaime Lorente Lopez (Elite / La Casa de Papel)
- Maria Pedraza (Elite / La Casa de Papel)
- Noah Centineo (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before)
- Joey King (The Kissing Booth)
- Hannah Gadsby (Nanette)
- Kiernan Shipka (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina)
I’m pretty sure most of Noah Centineo’s following came from my few hundred fan accounts, but that’s neither here nor there.