The 15 Emotional Stages Of Watching Netflix’s Addictive True Crime Series ‘Evil Genius’
If you live for everything related to true crime, murder, heist jobs, and also enjoy shouting ‘GOTCHA!’ at the TV, we have a new show for you: Netflix’s newest original series Evil Genius.
This four-part series seeks to uncover the identity of the pizza bomber and is just so damn addictive. I banged out the whole season in one night and have no regrets. Except that I am now haunted by constant feelings of dread and no longer sleep at night. No biggie.
If you have just watched the season you’re aware that it’s a wild and bumpy ride, and we are here to walk you through it.
Here are the 15 emotional stages of watching Netflix’s Evil Genius:
1. That bombing scene was actual torture to watch.
The way the cops just let that man sit with an active bomb on his chest until he BLEW UP IN FRONT OF THEM is disgusting. They could’ve and should’ve done better. #EvilGenius
— Gimpy Smalls (@mynameisAmberhi) May 15, 2018
2. I’ve only just started and I’m not okay.
— Leon Langford (@MasonLLL) May 18, 2018
3. Oh wait… all of a sudden I’m two eps deep and I’M ALL IN.
— Garry McConnachie (@TheGMcConnachie) May 22, 2018
4. Bill Rothstein is already the worst.
— Ron (@Ron__BZ) May 14, 2018
5. Ohhh shit. Bill had a blue van?!?
— Bill VanWagner ???????? (@BillVanWagner) May 16, 2018
6. Wait, we’ve seen this dude before?!?
— Summer Ray (@SummerRay) May 14, 2018
7. The note Bill left was… a bit suss tbh.
— Sean (@SeanFbeezy) May 13, 2018
8. But Bill is CLEARLY innocent. Because he says so.
— Eric Lloyd (@EricLloyd) May 17, 2018
9. I’m personally still shook that Marjorie shaves off her damn eyebrows.
Not sure if it’s too late to tweet about #EvilGenius on Netflix but the craziest part to me was that she didn’t shower in weeks & nearly killed a cop with BO while in custody but yet she brushed her teeth 32 fucking times a day.
— Daniel O'Keefe (@Whit3Mamba) May 22, 2018
10. This guy is actually hopeless. Why are all the cops on this show so incompetent?!?
— Clay Mitchell (@_Clay_Mitchell) May 18, 2018
11. These three motherfuckers are pure evil.
— Ben (@bendalafem) May 14, 2018
12. But WHO was the mastermind behind it all?!?!?
— mike ???? (@StraightGrizzly) May 13, 2018
13. Most importantly, why is Jessica referring to herself as ‘No. 1 white girl’, tho?
I am fascinated that #EvilGenius took place in my home city. I am even more fascinated that Jessica Hoopsick signed her text messages with “No 1 white girl.”
— Randi Turri (@vivalaran1116) May 15, 2018
Why aren't more people talking about the fact that Jessica Hoopsick signed her text "No. 1 White Girl"? I'M SCREAMING #EvilGenius
— K (@crushedmyhalo) May 16, 2018
14. Wait… if Brian was innocent, why did he grab the lollipop?!?
I just can't stop wondering why Brian Wells grabbed a lollipop when he walked into the bank… #EvilGenius
— Carson Kohler (@CarsonKohler) May 20, 2018
15. Gahhh!!! The final image of Marjorie has ended me.
The last shot in the opening or intro to each episode of #EvilGenius when her face changes shape…most chilling and scariest thing I’ve ever seen.
— S Ramos (@17Sramos) May 13, 2018
That last fade shot of Marge throughout the years tells the story completely.
— Sam Fitzpatrick (@SamFitzpatrick) May 22, 2018
Mommy, please leave the hall light on. I’m scared Marjorie Diehl-Armstrong is going to get me.#EvilGenius
— Bravo Golf Lima (@Benjamin_G_Lund) May 14, 2018