Beyonce Dominates The 59th Grammy Awards, As Aussies Flume & Sia Receive Nominations
Beyoncé continues to slay the music industry and our hearts, as overnight it was revealed that she has nine nominations for the upcoming 59th Grammy Awards.
Behind Queen B, Rihanna, Drake and Kanye West all landed eight nominations each. Chance The Rapper also received a high number of nominations with seven noms. This is a huge feat considering that Chance is the first artist to receive a Grammy nod for a streaming-only album and the artist doesn’t even have the backing of a record label.
Among the Australian nominees Sia and Keith Urban each received three nominations, and fellow Aussie Flume received two.
You can read the nominations for the biggest categories below and find the full list of nominees in all 84 categories here.
The nominations for Album Of The Year:
- 25 – Adele
- Lemonade – Beyoncé
- Purpose – Justin Bieber
- Views – Drake
- A Sailors Guide to Earth – Sturgill Simpson
The nominations for Record Of The Year:
- Hello – Adele
- Formation – Beyoncé
- 7 Years – Lukas Graham
- Work – Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Stressed Out – Twenty One Pilots
The nominations for Song Of The Year:
- Formation – Khalif Brown, Asheton Hogan, Beyoncé Knowles & Michael L. Williams II, songwriters (Beyoncé)
- Hello – Adele Adkins & Greg Kurstin, songwriters (Adele)
- I Took A Pill In Ibiza – Mike Posner, songwriter (Mike Posner)
- Love Yourself – Justin Bieber, Benjamin Levin & Ed Sheeran, songwriters (Justin Bieber)
- 7 Years – Lukas Forchhammer, Stefan Forrest, Morten Pilegard & Morten Ristorp, songwriters (Lukas Graham)
The nominations for Best New Artist:
- Kelsea Ballerini
- The Chainsmokers
- Chance The Rapper
- Maren Morris
- Anderson .Paak
The winners will be announced 12 February next year.