One Woman Dead And Another In A Coma After Attending Stereosonic Music Festival

Stereosonic Music Festival kicked off in tragic circumstances yesterday in Sydney. One 25 year old woman was taken from the Olympic Park venue to Concord hospital where she later died. Another 22 year-old is in a critical condition at Westmead Hospital in a coma. The exact details of both events are still unknown.

The EDM festival, headlined by acts Armin Van BuurenAxwell & IngrossoMajor LazerDiploDJ Snake and Duke Dumont was attended by around 50,000 fist-pumpers yesterday and is set for four more shows around the country. Yesterday’s events serve as a serious reminder for everyone to stay safe and look after each other as the event kicks off in Perth today before moving to Adelaide and Melbourne on December 5th and wrapping up in Brisbane on December 6.

According to ABC news, the organisers of the event have expressed their sympathies to the family of the woman who died, issuing a statement to say,

“Totem Onelove conveys our deepest condolences to the friends and family of the patron who tragically passed away on Saturday night at Sydney Stereosonic.”

“We appeal to our audience that they stay safe and look out for each other.”

Further to the two incidents, 69 festival goers were charged with the supply and possession of drugs while 23 others were issued with cannabis cautions.

The commander of the police operation, Assistant Commissioner Frank Mennilli spoke of the drug use to Sydney Morning Herald to say,

This number is alarming and disappointing, especially after we warned revellers about the dangers of drug use.

This isn’t the first time the festival has come under fire for its culture. Last year, this video surfaced online showing one bloke getting king hit.

The Olympic Park precinct went into  “lockdown” earlier this week while Police sniffer dogs conducted ‘sweeps’ to find drug stashes. Two people were allegedly caught, apparently trying to hide their drugs in to the side of a building using a drill.